The “So Jaded” Palette
Here’s all you Need to Know
Hello everyone! Rubab here with another post for you all and this time it is about Kathleen Light’s new collaboration with Colourpop – The So Jaded Palette. Kathleen Lights is one of the very first Youtubers that I started watching when my love for makeup started a few years ago. She is still one of my favorite Makeup Artists out there.
Kathleen has always come up with some very interesting collaborations, mostly with Colourpop. The one thing that I love about this lady is that she is not ONLY just reviewing brands that she collaborates with. Another thing is that she collaborates after a few months and keeps working on a product before launching it. This way she retains her personal connection with her subscribers and does not just use them to buy her products. This time her collaboration is with her most favorite brand and its named the “So Jaded Palette”.
KathleenLights mentioned on her Instagram: “I was truly inspired by birthstones and crystals to create this beauty.”
The palette retails for $39 and it has 30 shades –YES 30 new shades!!! The packaging is inspired by Kathleen’s love for crystals and I absolutely love the whole pink and purple tones.
Let’s talk a little about the shades in this lovely palette – the names of these beautiful shades and description are discussed below.
- diamond: icy champagne with blue reflects
- rose quartz: soft neutral mauve
- ruby: crimson red
- royal jewels: neutral peach
- fluorite: icy lavender with a pale green flip
- moonstone: silvery taupe with purple and blue sparkle
- my precious: pale peach
- sunstone: fiery orange-y gold
- pearl: pale gold
- citrine: true mustard yellow
- garnet: garnet red
- ametrine: dusty mauve purple with golden flecks
- peridot: bright chartreuse
- you’re a gem: burnt terracotta
- topaz: bronze glitter with copper flecks
- tiger eye: antique bronze
- opal: multidimensional silver glitter with multicolored flecks
- aquamarine: icy baby blue
- geo dude: mid-tone neutral yellow brown
- carnelian: burnt orange
- stoned: cool deep brown
- jasper: red brown
- turquoise: true turquoise
- onyx: charcoal with silver pearl
- emerald: rich emerald
- jade: olive green
- alexandrite: eggplant
- smoky quartz: icy taupe
- amethyst: vibrant purple
- sapphire: navy blue
In my opinion the palette is a warm toned palette with just the right amount of greens and purples in it. There are certain shades that will help you build your transition color properly. I always think that companies seem to miss out on the right kind of transition shades. Moreover, there are shades which you can use as the brow bone highlight very well – another thing that is often skipped. Kathleen has come up with a perfect balance of shades that will work great as lid colors to make your eyelids POP, shades that you need to build a perfect transition and the right kind of brow bone highlights. All in all, the palette will work well on most skin tones. This is a huge plus point for all the Kathleen’s fans out there!
Let me know what you think of the So Jaded Palette? Would you buy it or just pass?
See you in the next post!